Wednesday 30 October 2013

Art Journal Page - Gelli-Arts Printing Plate & Heritage Fluorescent Acrylic Paint


We all know that feeling of opening your journal with anticipation and then not having a clue where to start...  

Most of the times I grab different supplies (acrylic & water colour paints, inks, gelatos, sprays) in co-coordinating colours - most of the time not more that 3 different colours with black and/or white.  I do not restrict myself to these colours, this is just a starting point. Most of the times I change some of the colours or even introduce more colours.

Art Journaling page using the Gelli-Arts Printing Plate & Heritage Craft Fluorescent Acrylics
 I approach each journal page in three stages:

Background – mostly covering the white page with something – paints, inks, paper.
In this case I used the Gelli-Arts printing plate to layer Fluorescent acrylic paint and finished with Stencil-Art's Circle stencil and white acrylic paint.

Focal point – drawing, painting or collage. (The element or object in a painting or a piece 
of art that draws the your eye to it, or the main subject on your page.
I used Stencil-Art's Face-basic stencil to draw part of the face and used Heritage Craft  Artist's Acrylic - Flesh and Touch of Pink. The details on the face were done with Derwent  Inktense pencils and a water colour brush.  
I printed the quote on tissue paper (I lightly sprayed the tissue paper with repositionable adhesive spray and printed it with my laser printer) and adhered it to the page.
I used Faber-Castell Gelatos to colour-in circles and collaged old book paper some other. 
        
Finishing touches and journaling – giving my page a title, doodling and writing.
I stamped images from Claudine Helmuth "Bloom" Acrylic stamps with Dylusions Spray  mists and the Dylusions Spray Ink Pad.  I then "coloured-in" the background by rubbing  Dylusions spray mists from the ink pad.  I doodled with Faber-Castell Big Brush and Pitt Artist's pens, as
well as my white Sharpie Paint Pen.



Tutorial posted on Youtube:






No comments:

Post a Comment