Monday 20 November 2017

Trust your Intuition


Hi everyone, Angie back again with an intuitive art journal page. Sometimes its good to just let go without a real plan in mind and trust your intuition, hence the title.

I used a combination of Ranger Dylusions and Adirondack acrylic paints for my background, applying them with different sponges, adding a bit of white right at the end.  [these Adirondacks, I must confess have been in my stash for ever], then I used a pencil to write some words onto the page.

I didn’t have the Stencil Art Stendala Stencils then, but I do now and they’re gorgeous, and so I used a round stencil from my stash on the bottom left and right top, using different colours on different parts of the stencil.  You will notice that later I went over the stencil in some places with a bit of white.
I pulled out some more stencils that I thought I might use, including a homemade stencil cut from the Tim Holtz mixed media dies, and without much thought began layering different stencils and colours onto the page.
I knew I wanted something big and bold for my title, so out came my PaperArsy Everything-art alphabet stamps and surprize, surprize my clear embossing ink and Ultra thick black embossing powder.

You will notice that I also used the Dina Wakely media tools and some Wild Plum Adirondack acrylic paint and Dylusions Lemon Zest to do some mark making.
 I stamped the word “trust” then embossed with shiny black embossing powder and my heat gun. However, it really seemed a bit lost on the page so I painted a black strip just below it using Dylusions black paint. When the paint was dry I stamped the words “your intuition” with clear embossing ink and embossed with White embossing powder, and heated with my heat gun, only to find that I had spelt “intuition wrong”.  I used a piece of newsprint and the iron [not set on steam] intending to only iron off the misspelt word, but I managed to iron off both words, so started again. 


I ended off by scraping some black Dylusions paint around the edges of the pages.
In retrospect I should have used White Ultra thick embossing powder on “your intuition” but for some reason I didn’t and I’m sorry now, but this page is about just going with the flow. I still like it; it’s bright and cheerful and the title certainly makes one think.

See you next time.
Supplies:
Ranger Dylusions and Adirondack acrylic paints
Small sponges
Assortment stencils
Tim Holtz mixed media dies
Dina Wakely media tools
PaperArsy Everything-art alphabet stamps
Clear embossing ink
Black and white embossing powder
Heat gun

No comments:

Post a Comment