Thursday 16 August 2018

Art Journal Cover with Kraft-Tex and Brusho Crystals

Hi Everyone,

I prefer making my own Art Journal as I can then choose my own paper, journal size and amount of pages.


I am not going into too much detail of stitching and binding the journal.  Sea Lemon on Youtube has detailed instructions on any kind of bookbinding.

I used this tutorial to bind my pages:



After I have bound my signatures I adhere Cotton Wrapping Plaster (from Dischem) to the spine.


How to make the flowers and leaves for the cover: 

1.  Sprinkle Brusho Crystals on the white Kraft-Tex and spray with water - Greens &       Yellows for the leaves and Reds &Yellows for the flowers. Leave overnight to dry naturally.


2.  Stamp Flowers & Leaves with permanent black ink onto the Kraft-Tex sheets.  


3.  Colour the flowers and leaves with colouring pencils.


4.  Seal with Dorland's Wax Medium.


5.  Cut out the flowers, and make stitching holes with a piercing tool.  The Kraft-Tex is to thick to stitch directly. Stitch with embroidery thread and add beads.



6.  Add a dot of Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue in the middle of each flower and leave and again poke stitching holes around each one and stitch. 




How to make the journal cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment