Thursday 23 March 2017

Life is a Bunch of Roses

Hi. Angie here again.  I’m still on my watercolour roll but using a different product this time.

I’ve had my pack of eight Brusho Colours in my stash for a long, long time, but never got round to using them before, so today I’m experimenting in my  small square journal.

I stamped my Stampotique 9046 Cabbage Rose image onto watercolour paper using Jet Black archival ink and used a  Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pen to colour the image using Bushos. I added a little shading here and there by picking up a little darker colour .




If you end up with too much paint use the corner of a tissue or paper towel to draw up a little water.







I used a white gel pen to colour in the dots and strips on the image to add a little extra detail.



Then I applied Ranger micro glaze over the image being careful not to go outside the lines. I had a little help from a que tip. 

I wet the entire surface of the page then sprinkled with the Brushos. I used a wet watercolour brush to smoosh the pigment around a bit but not too much that it spoils the star bursts and where necessary filled in as closely to the image as I could.



Stamped the border using black archival ink.  This stamp is not completely straight so used a black Posca pen to fill in where necessary and added some extra doodling.

To finish off stamped the sentiment “Life is a bunch of roses”.  You will see that the stamping is a little crooked, but then it adds to the charm of the page. I used by black Posca pen to go over the letters which accentuated them. I also went over her eyes with two little dots.  Then I outlined the stems and roses and her shoes.




There are so many different techniques you can use with Brushos. They are really vibrant and you need such a little, but most importantly there are so many different techniques for Brushos that they will be out and about again before to long.

Supply List:
Brushos Assorted pack of eight colours
Small [watercolour paper] experimental journal
Stampotique 9046 Cabbage Rose
Dylusions Clearly Alpha stamp
Dylusions Clearly Borders
Dylusions Word Love DYR34629 stamps
Set of small alpha stamps
Black Archival ink
Ranger micro glaze
Large No. 10 watercolour brush
Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pen - Medium Point
Black and White Posca pens
White gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment