Friday 20 December 2013

Art Journal Page – This is me…

I am always so busy being a mother, wife, daughter, friend, etc. to just be me. The thought came to me one morning to take some time to create an art journal page about me.  What I like and dislike about me.


BACKGROUND:
I collaged pieces of napkins and pages from a Telkom Phone Book (I clean my stencils and excess paint and ink in the Phone Book) for the background.

FOCAL POINT:
I placed Transfer paper under a photo of myself and “drew” my face with an embossing tool on an A4-sized canvas out of a pad.  I finished the portrait with Acrylic paints and Derwent Intense Pencils.

FINISHING TOUCHES:
I used Stencil-Art’s Daisies stencil and Gesso for the flowers and used some Distress Paints over the background and flowers once dry.  I wrote the title and journaling with white Sharpie markers and doodled around the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment