Sunday 25 June 2017

Jane Davenport Face Acrylic Stamp


 

Hello!  I just realised today that we will soon be in the second half of this year.  How time flies.

Today’s post is short and sweet. I bought my first Jane Davenport stamp and couldn’t wait to try it out.

I wasn’t quite sure what to do, so paged through my journals to see what backgrounds I could find.  Sorry I didn’t take a pic of this background before I "dickied” it up, but here’s a similar one. 

 


These two backgrounds were created from left over paint that I brayered onto the pages.  On the lower right-hand side of this page you can see that I have added some Lime Green Dylusions paint through a stencil and also some magenta ink as well some more ink in various other places.

 


I placed the Jane Davenport stamp onto an acrylic block and applied Black Archival Ink then stamped the image onto the background.  The stamp didn’t stamp very well but I fixed that.

I applied some white gesso on the eye, eye-lid, nose and lip areas and let it dry. I smudged it slightly on the nose bridge area to blend it in.  I used a Ranger Salty Ocean Marker to colour in the iris, and Picked Raspberry Distress Crayon to colour in the lips

I went over the stamped image with a black Posca Pen to emphasise the eyes, the pupils, the crease in the eyelids, the eyebrows and eye lashes.  I added a little white using a Posca pen to the bottom lip area as well as adding a little definition to the irises.

I know it’s not a detailed project, but I love this face and will use it many times I’m sure.
 
Supplies:
Jane Davenport Mixed Media Acrylic Stamps - Single Face #376687
Black Archival Ink Pad
Ranger Salty Ocean distress Marker
Ranger Picked Raspberry Distress Crayon
Black and White Posca Pens
Dylusions Lime Green paint
Dylusions Bubblegum and Pure Sunshine Ink Sprays Spray
Stencils
 

No comments:

Post a Comment