Monday 29 January 2018

In my Imagination

Hello everyone! I can’t believe that we’re at the end of January already. Where does the time go??????????

Today I’m playing in my A5 loose page art journal. This is the first journal I ever made, and the reason its loose leaf is because I can add pages whenever I want.  In other words if the page is a mess it can disappear into obscurity into the wastepaper basket.  Well, that was my thought process a long time ago.  Every now and then I get it out look through the pages and add another one.

Back to today’s page.  Firstly I must apologise for the quality of the images.  The turquoise is really a beautiful shade of turquoise and the lime green is bright.  For some reason the turquoise looks blue ad the lime green looks yellowy.  I think it could be the overcast day??????????
The inspiration is definitely the image.  As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make a page with it.  I took the easy way out and printed the image directly onto my loose A4 page.  My intention here was to use Gelatos so I gesso’d the whole page except for the image. BIG mistake. Water colour does not like gesso!
Add a few torn strips of tissue page and glue down with Gel Medium.

Use a text stamp to stamp text here and there using black Archival ink pad.

Use a little white Gesso to the page to knock back the tissue paper and stamped text a little.

For some reason I changed my mind about the Gelatos and used my water colour palette instead. 

Spray quite a lot of water onto the palette and pick up the colour using a waterbrush and fill in all areas.


Use a stencil and white texture paste to apply a little texture to the page.


Colour her lips with a coloured pencil.

Add sentiments. Mine are: "in my IMAGINATION " [Tim Holtz rub ons and words.  I added two more sentiments. "Truth be told" and "creativity takes courage".

In the end I went back and used Gelatos in lime green and turquoise on several places.


Last but not least, I went over the edges of the page with a broken china distress ink pad.


Supplies:

Image
Mixed media paper A4
Black Archival Ink
Text stamp
Stamped Tissue paper
Broken China distress ink pad
Water brush
Stencil
Texture paste
Gelatos: lime green and turquoise
Daler Rowney Water Colour paints in lime green and turquoise [I mixed yellow and green for the lime green]

No comments:

Post a Comment