Saturday 11 January 2014

ART JOURNAL PAGE USING DYLUSIONS PRODUCTS.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Daily Dose of Dylusions as much as I did!  I had such colourful hands by the end of each day.  

For my Art Journal page for this week I used . . .


DYLUSIONS PRODUCTS
(what a surprise!)



  1. Click here for the instructions to create the background.
  2. Stamp houses from the Dylusions "Right Up Your Street" Stamp Set on Tissue Paper with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and "colour-in" with Dylusions Ink Spray. (Click here for detailed instructions on this technique).
  3. Cut the stamped houses out and collage on the left page with Acrylic Gel or Matte Medium.  
  4. Use the Dylusions Journal Block and use the curve to draw parallel lines to write the quote on the right page.  Draw a line down the middle to help with the spacing of the letters.
  5. Write the quote in pencil and then outline it with Black Faber-Castell PITT Artists Journal pens.  Erase the pencil lines.  I used the Dylusions "Bordering on the Edge" Alphabet Stamp as inspiration for my letters as well as my doodles in-between the lines.
  6. Add doodles to the letters and lines of the quote and stamp the "heart" from the Dylusions "Love Struck Lucy" Stamp Set.
  7. Stamp the border on the bottom of the pages with a stamp from the Dylusions "Bordering on the Edge" Stamp set with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. I decided to add another row of houses and had to re-stamp the border to "anchor" the houses.  I touched up the stamped border with my black PITT pen.  
  8. Stamp Circles from the Dylusions "Love Struck Lucy" Stamp set with the Dylusions Spray Ink Pad randomly to the page.  (I used After Midnight, Crushed Grape & Funky Fuchsia in my Ink Pad).  Add White Linen to the centres of the circles with a paintbrush.
  9. Use a white Glaze Pen by Sakura and add the name of the author to the quote and doodle around the circles.  Also add some dimensions to the letters.  I drew lines on the right side of each letter as I decided that the light was falling from the right.
  10. Add shadows to the left side of the houses and letters with a Faber-Castell PITT Big Brush pen in Warm Grey.  You have a bit of open time with this Dye Ink pen to blend with your finger.
  11. I added my journaling - some reasons why I love my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment