Monday 29 May 2017

A Trio of Dylusions


I don’t usually do cards. My thing is to decorate a gift bag and a matching tag, but there are the occasions when I give cards.  My stack of cards is running low so I needed to make some more.
 I started off by stamping a border around three 10.5 x 15 cm cards, using images from two different Dylusions borders stamp sets and Black Archival Ink. I also used Dylusions ink spray in lime and an Aquafine Water brush to colour in the background around the stamped images. I forgot to take a pic when all three were done, but you will see them all at the end.


The backgrounds are Gel Press prints. More often than not I scan my prints before I use them so I’ve always got a good supply of backgrounds for cards or gift bags when I need them.

I chose three images from the Dylusions die cuts that I thought I might use and, because I don’t really like the white borders, I fussy cut them.


I also stamped a number of other bits and pieces from Dylusions stamp sets, some onto Gel prints and the others I painted with Dylusions ink sprays and Liquitex Matte Medium using an Aquafine Water brush. The Liquitex Matte Medium makes the colours pop and also makes them permanent [they won’t react with water] I recoloured the stems of the yellow/orangy flowers with a Black Posca pen. After I took this pic I stamped and coloured some more flowers.
I layered the various elements onto the backgrounds and stuck them down using Liquitex Matte Medium just because it was close at hand. At this stage I realised I hadn't fussy cut some areas, so I fixed this up. 



I used a combination of Antique Linen and Victorian Rose Distress inks and an Aquafine Water Brush to colour the faces, arms and legs of the images.


I glued the backgrounds down onto the stamped cards and finished them off with some Dylusions quotes.
... and my cards are done.
Supplies:

Three - 10.5 x 15 cm cards
Clear stamp set Clearly Quotes
Clear stamp set Clearly the Right Words
Dylusions Stamp Clearly Borders
Dylusions stamp set Bordering on the edge
Dylusions stamp set Inbetweenies
Dylusions stamp set How does your garden grow
Aquafine water brush
Assorted Dylusions Ink Sprays
Lquitex Matte Medium
Black Archival Ink
Dylusions Ink Spray - Bubblegum Pink, Fresh Lime, Calypso Teal, Dirty Martini, 
      Pure Sunshine & Lemon Zest
Aquafine water brush
Black Distress Paint
Black Posco pen
Stapler

3 comments: