Friday 5 May 2017

All That Glitters ...



Happy May!

Today’s art is a Gelli Print Landscape.  The last time I played with my Gelli Plate I tried this technique which is something I have wanted to do for some time but never actually got round to it.

I dabbed a few blobs of paint onto my Gell printing plate. Ranger Festive Berries, Salty Ocean and Caribbean Coast, Adirondack Terracotta, Sunshine Yellow.


My yellow and blue are almost finished so I had to use a paint brush which isn't such a bad idea as I can control the amount of paint better. I made sure the different sections, top, middle and bottom, did not blend too much so I cleaned off the brayer between each section. For some reason I had prepped the page with white paint beforehand, and quite perchance little patches of white showed through.


This is the first print I pulled.  I love the different shades of colour on this print and I could never, ever achieve this if I tried it with a paint brush.


And this is the second print, or Ghost print which it is often called.  There's lots of white but I have an idea involving some image transfers for this print.


I used a Black Stabilo Aquarellable pencil to draw in the land area on the other side of the water. Wet my Pentel Water brush and ran it along the line to activate the Stabilo Aquarellable pencil.

 


I inked up a tree stamp with Black Archival ink and stamped a tree line on the right hand side and without reinking the stamp stamped a reflection in the water.



 I used some glue and my tub of Indigo Blu Mega Flakes - Eton Mess to add a narrow line of beautiful shiny goldy, orangy, pinky flakes along the tree-line and also to create a sun in top left hand corner.


I also used my Black Stabilo Aquarellable pencil to draw a shadow around the sun.


I find it really difficult to capture anything that glitters on camera and I must say these pics really don't do justice to this piece. 

I hope you will try this.  It makes a very effective piece of art that you could frame and hang on a wall or give to someone as a gift.

See you next time!
xxx Angie xxx

Supply List:
5" x 7" Gel printing plate
Various Acrylic Paints - Ranger Festive Berries, Salty Ocean and Caribbean Coast, Adirondack Terracotta, Sunshine Yellow
Brayer
Good Quality Mixed Media paper
Indigo Blu Mega Flakes - Eton Mess
Black Stabilo Aquarellable pencil
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment