Monday 10 July 2017

Gelli Print Inspirational Art Cards



Today I’m sharing some Gelli Print Inspirational Art Cards I’ve made as a gift. For the Gelli printed backgrounds I used Lime, sky, turquoise, Magenta, Fuchisia, Tagerine and Cheddar Dina Wakely paints, first brayered onto my craft mat, then picking up a little at a time brayered onto my 12.7 x 17,78 cm  Gelli Plate, then pulled a print, slowly building up the layers.

I didn’t think this one through beforehand and printed onto 15 x 21 cm cardridge paper, which meant I had to glue the finished papers onto cardstock then trim down to the size of the Art cards.  Next time I will make sure I use cardstock to start with and Gelli print both sides.

Below are two prints before they were cut down to size and decorated.



I wanted 15 double sided Art cards which meant I needed 15 sheets of Gelli prints, and I really didn’t have time to print all those, so I fished around in my stack of papers, and found some mop up pages and some Gelli prints. As it turns out they all work really well together.


 My trusty mark making tools and some White and Black paint were used to beautify my Art Cards.

I also tore up some music paper and stamped out some inspirations using Black Archival Ink onto cartridge paper. I drew around some of the stamped images before lifting the stamp off the paper, then cut them out, others I tore. I am a hoarder of quotes so printed out a few as well. I cut these with a ruler and craft knife.


On some of the Art cards, I glued the music paper down using Liquitex Matt Medium and added a quote and on others I just glued a quote down.

Some doodling using Black and White Posca pens and doodled borders finished the Art Cards off nicely.

The intention is that they stand on a little easel and every day the card can be turned so show a new inspiration for the day so I whitewashed the small Easel and when dry placed my Inspirational Art Cards onto the Easel.


I think they make an awesome gift for some lucky person.

 Thanks for stopping by. See you next time.

Supplies
Lime, sky, turquoise, Magenta, Fuchsia, Tangerine, Cheddar, White and Black Dina Wakely paints
Gelli Plate
Liquitex Matt Medium
Craft Mat
Brayer
Wet Wipes to clean off the Gelli Plate and brayer
Black Archival Ink
Stampotique Kate Crane Mixed Media stamp
Corner rounder punch
Black and White Posca pens
Small Easel
Mark making tools : Dina Wakely Media tools, small lids, bit of old pen, old gift card, stencils sponge
Craft knife and ruler
Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment