Monday 24 July 2017

I must have flowers, always and always

 

Happy Monday Everyone. Nice to have you join us for today's blog post/tutorial.
 
I must say I had an idea for today’s project and it went pretty much according to plan.In winter when the garden is looking particularly sad, all of a sudden the Primulas pop up and provide this profusion of glorious colour. I don’t think they have been genically modified as so many plants have now been, otherwise we'd have to sew them year after year.  They make me so happy that I wanted to record it in my journal.
 
 
I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Spray and Fresh Lime and some cut grass Dylusions Spray on my craft mat and squished the page onto it. Then I added a little Turquoise and touched the page here and there.
 
To the topleft side and,middle right I applied Mustard Seed Distress ink through a chicken wire stencil using a half damp wet wipe. I also applied Peeled Paint Distress ink through a wiggly line stencil and a handmade stencil from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media Die set I to other areas of the page. I love how the additional layers add texture and interest to the background now.
 
 
I die cut some flowers using white card stock and the Sizzix Wild Flowers die and coloured them using Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress markers for the flowers and Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint for the leaves and stems. 
 
 
I coloured each flower individually and before the Distress Marker could set, I immediately used my Ranger Distress sprayer [only pulling the trigger back about half way] to create some lovely effects on the flowers and leaves.

 

 
For the strip at the bottom of the page I stuck a couple of pieces of Ranger text Washi tape to a scrap of card stock then tore it from narrow to wider and layered another scrape of torn card stock on top of it, but before I attached it to the page using double sided tape, I distressed the edges of both pieces using my Ranger distresser and then applied Peeled Paint Distress Ink right from the stamp pad around the edges.  I wound some lovely green string around the “anchor” and tied a bow on the left hand side.
 
I covered the back with a few strips of double sided tape but didn’t apply any pressure when I placed the strip onto the page as I wanted to be able to tuck the flower stems behind it. I glued the flowers down with a thin layer of Glossy Accents, then I secured the top strip down.
 
I am a sentiment “stasher” and have them in different forms, some stamps and some digital.  I printed out I" must have flowers, always and always" cut it to size and used double sided tape to secure it to the page.
 
I inked up my little bee stamp with Black Archival ink and stamped a couple of bees which I coloured with a Fossilized Amber Distress Marker and added some sparkly to the wings using a gel roll pen
 
The page didn’t feel quite finished so I inked up a stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Cling Mounted Stamp Set - Classics 4 Stamp Set and stamped here and there. I also stamped to the “strip on the page” which finished it off nicely.
 
 
 
I love flowers, but the Primulas, in their varying shades from pale pink to magenta bring with them a special joy for me. When the Primulas finish blooming I gather up the seeds and scatter them around the garden and they faithfully appear year after year. When I look at this page, during the coming months when winter is over it will remind me that the Primulas will magically appear in the middle of winter next year.
 
Supplies:
Craft Mat
Wet Wipes
Squeezed Lemonade Distress Spray and Fresh Lime and some cut grass Dylusions
Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pad
Black Archival Ink Pad
Bee Stamp
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Cling Mounted Stamp Set - Classics 4 Stamp Set
Sizzix Wildflowers die
Card Stock
Computer generated sentiment
Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron Distress Markers
Ranger Sprayer
Sakura clear star Gel Roll pen
Double Sided Tape
Ranger Gossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment