Monday 14 August 2017

Duo of Tags


Hello and happy Monday.  Thanks for stopping by. Today I have two tags to share with you.

 
First I applied a thin coat of Ranger Distress Collage Medium to both tags and let them dry.
 
I just wanna make nice things

Then out came the Tim Holtz distress crayons. I haven’t used them in a while and its time they came out to play. The colours I chose were Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade scribbled randomly onto the tag. If the blue smudges into the yellow I get a sort of greeny colour and spiced marmalade and Mustard Seed gives me a lighter orangey colour. As soon as one colour was scribbled I quickly swiped my finger over a wet baby wipe and smudged the colour one section at a time. Then I used my Ranger water sprayer, only pulling the handle down a little to create some nice water marks and dried the tag with my heat gun.  I inked a script stamp very lightly with Sienna Archival Ink and lightly stamped the tag here and there and gave it a quick blast with the heat gun. This stamp was bought on a block many years ago but I removed it so that when I stamp I have more control.
 
I used the Sizzix Thinlits– Wildflowers #2 Dies to cut a stencil. I used the same flower twice and applied embossing paste with the palette knife through the homemade stencil. I’m impatient so gave it a blast with the heat gun as well. 
 
 
The butterfly was created in the same way as the background, then stamped with a butterfly stamp from the Finnibair Cling Mounted Stamp set - Don't Forget to Fly that I bought a couple of years ago. 
 
 
 
I edged the tag with a Black Archival Ink pad and chose a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Small Talk pad.
 
Last but not least I scribbled the Spiced Marmalade distress crayon onto the craft mat, spritzed a small length of Ranger ribbon with water, spritzed the distress crayon on the craft mat and saturated the ribbon with colour.
 
Next I crunched it up in my hand and left it to dry, then threaded it though the hole in the top of the tag. 
 
This is the finished tag.
 
 
 
Be the Brightest star in the universe

The background for this tag was created a little differently. I applied Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks onto my craft mat, together with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Sprayed lightly with water then smooshed my tag into it and left it to dry. When dry I scribbled over the entire tag with Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans Distress crayons, being careful to blend each colour with my finger [swiped over a wet wipe] before applying the next. I sprayed the tag with water then smooshed my tag on the craft mat. I love how in some places the first layer is showing through.
 
 
While waiting for the tag to dry I chose a face from the Dina Wakely Stamp set Scribbly Women and stamped it onto a scrap of cardstock using Black Archival Ink. 
 
I stamped the neckline and a little extra onto a scrap of Gelli print to make the dress.  I coloured the image by applying a little distress crayon to my craft mat and mixing with the tiniest bit of water. I used a mixture of Antique Linen and Tattered Rose for her face and neck and Mustard Seed for her hair, with a touch of Victorian Velvet for her cheeks. When dry I glued the Gelli print dress onto the neckline.

 

I applied embossing paste with the palette knife through the Stencil-Art Starry Night stencil.
 
However, the white stars weren’t doing it for me, so when they were dry I painted them with Dina Wakely’s heavy bodied acrylic paint – Stirling and splattered a little white paint onto the tag then added a little Silver Stickles to one star. 
 
What a difference!  .  Next I glued the image onto the right hand side of the tag and added my sentiment. I dyed some ribbon and added it to the tag.

 
 
 
 
Supplies
Tags
Ranger Distress Collage Medium
Distress Crayons: Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade,  Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose,  Victorian Velvet
Dina Wakely’s heavy bodied acrylic paint – stirling and White.
Water Brush
Ranger Water Sprayer
 

Silver Stickles
Black Archival Ink
Glue
Finnibair Cling Mounted Stamp set - Don't Forget to Fly
Dina Wakely Stamp set Scribbly Women
Tim Holtz Small Talk pad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment