Monday 13 November 2017

GIRLS just wanna ……… have fun- Collage


Hi everyone.  Its Angie I’m back after quite long break.  What started off as a routine angiogram ended up with a month’s stay in ICU.  I’m much better now and itching to start crafting again, so ........ here goes.

All the backgrounds in my colourful journal are already painted with Daler-Rowney Aquafine Watercolour paints and have been enhanced with both stamping and stencils. I think I’ve shown how to create this background in a previous project but I'll show you some pages below.
and ..............

So onto the border. I simply measured and drew the border, then used white and black Posca pens to colour in the each block.


As you can see the backgrounds in this journal are quite colourful and I had already decided that I needed black and white images, so the minute I saw the image I’ve used in a magazine I knew immediately that I wanted it in this journal and at that moment I decided on the title as well. Normally I change my mind a 1000 times but not his time.
I first scanned and resized the image then fussy cut it out and glued it down with a glue stick. The reason I used a glue stick is because I only have an inkjet printer and the image will not therefore be waterproof.
I went over the girls’ hair with a black Posca Pen and drew a crown for each of the girls then used a little Silver Stickles to highlight them, then outlined the edges of each girl with a black Charcoal pencil. I also used Ranger Distress Glaze on the image which also helps to waterproof it.
I used a combination of the Tim Holtz lower case foam stamps and my small alphabet stamps to create the title with black Archival ink.

I hope this project will inspire you all to use magazine cut-outs in your artwork.

Supplies
For the background I used an assortment of Daler-Rowney Aquafine Watercolour paints.
No 12 Round water colour brush
Archival black ink
White paint
Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry distress inks
Stampotique – Kate Crane mixed media stamp
Black and White Posca pens for the border
Ruler
Black and White image from a magazine. You can print a coloured image and print it in black and white if you want to
Silver Stickles
Glue stick
Small pair of sharp scissors for fussy cutting image
Black Charcoal pencil

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Angie. Awesome to see your blogs again. Whoohoooooo

    ReplyDelete