Tuesday 20 February 2018

Create your own calm

Hi Everyone,

Visible Image from the UK produces high quality clear photopolymer stamps, their designs are unique, original and great for any craft project!  My project was inspired by the "Create Your Calm" stamp set from their new releases for 2018.  


Working on a ceramic tile , I stamped the seahorse with Ranger Archival Ink Sepia into a rolled out piece of white DAS Air-Dry clay. 

Cut out the stamped image with a craft knife.

Smooth all the edges with a rubber tip tool and place the ceramic tile with the seahorse in the oven to speed up the drying time.  I baked it at 70 Degrees Celsius until dry. I turned it over a couple of times and baked it for about 1 -2 hours.


After the clay has cooled I sprinkled Brusho Crystals (Sandstone) onto the seahorse and sprayed with water.

I used a heat tool to dry the Brusho and stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink.

Prime the MDF Plaque with Gesso and as I am using watercolours I also painted with Golden Absorbant Ground. 

Sprinkle Sea Green and Turquoise Brusho Crystals and spray with water.  I dried in between the layers with a heat tool.

Spread Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste through the Bubbly stencil with a palette knife and use a heat tool to dry. 

Use the circle stamps included in this stamp set and stamp randomly on the background with Ranger Archival Ink in Manganese Blue and Cornflower Blue.

Seal the background with Dorlands Wax Medium.  

Stamp the sentiment included in the stamp set with Jet Black Archival Ink.

Use Diamond Glaze and add pieces of string to the background. Also add dots with Ranger Stickles (Turquoise & Mermaid) and Ranger Liquid Pearls (White Opal).

I used iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive to adhere the seahorse. I glazed the Seahorse with Diamond Glaze and added Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

PRODUCTS USED


2 comments:

  1. Clever-and a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    And now this opens up a whole new use for my stamps. TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete