Monday 12 February 2018

Mixed Media Distress Crayons

Hi everyone. I’m using my Distress Crayons for today’s page.  I've had them forever and never used them. The smooth water-reactive pigments are ideal for creating brilliant backgrounds, watercoloring, smudge effects and more!


To start I glued down dictionary pages, then covered with Gesso. When dry I scribbled over the page using distress crayons in mustard seed, twisted citrus and picked raspberry smudging each colour. I sprayed the surface using the Ranger Distress sprayer and turned the page to allow drips to run down the page.
......... and then for some reason I changed my mind and continued to cover the page with distress crayons smudging to blend them.

I applied some Gesso using a pallet knife and cut some scallops from dictionary paper then added them to the page. I squiggled some Dayler Rowney Acrylic Artist Ink in two places. Mmmmmm didn’t like it very much.



I covered up some of the white with distress crayons and used Distress Crayons through various stencils as well as applying the crayon to a stamp, spraying with water and stamping.


I punched some circles from left over gelli prints to which I had already added some stamping and glued them down, coloured in some petals, the stem and some leaves using a Faber Castel Pitt pen through a Stencil-Art flower stencil and another stencil.


 I used a wet baby wipe to wipe away some crayon in various places; love the effect.




Now to the mess at the top of the page; I covered the black squiggles with Gesso, but being the impatient person I am, I tried to apply more Distress Crayon before it had dried. I then applied another layer of Gesso and when that dried I  reverted to my acrylic paints in an attempt to cover it up.
I used by finger and some pink acrylic paint inside the scallops and outlined them with a Posca black pen. Used a dried up Ranger paint applicator for the white circles.




Last but not least I used a stencil for the word “believe”.




Supplies:
Ranger Distress Crayons
Dictionary paper
Circle Punch
Various Stencils
Black and White Posca pens
Faber Castel Black Pitt Artist pen
Pink and White Acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment